Email Us! Feedback is always welcome.

Friday, August 10, 2007

SEC West vs. Big XII South

An e-mailer to CFN.com asked Pete Fiutak which division was better. Here is the complete question and answer:

Who is better, the SEC West or the Big XII South? I need to settle a bet. – Mark
A: Gambling is illegal at Bushwood and I never slice. This year? Whoooo. Play it off. Projected No. 1 Texas vs. No. 1, LSU on a neutral field, I’d take LSU, but it’s a pick ‘em. I’d take No. 2 Oklahoma over No. 2 Auburn, No. 3 Texas A&M over No. 3 Alabama, No. 4 Oklahoma State over No. 4 Arkansas, No. 5 Texas Tech over No. 5 Ole Miss, and No. 6 Miss State over No. 6 Baylor. I think it’d be 4-2 Big 12 North, but I won’t argue if you want to call it dead even.

Not that I agree with the OSU pick over the Hogs, but I'm sure Johnny Fayetteville can come up with the appropriate amount of vitriol.

4 comments:

BSR said...

I think A&M over Bama is a stretch as well. It could easily swing 4-2 the other way. LSU would roll Texas.

Tom Logan said...

If OSU passes it's early test with Georgia I may say he's right. I would say Bama would beat A&M more confidently. I'd say Arkansas would be A&M more confidently.

jimmyg said...

Three games are "no doubters": LSU over Texas, Oklahoma over Auburn, Texas Tech over Ole Miss. Three games are toss-ups: Alabama-TAMU, Arkansas-OSU, MSU-Baylor. It could definitely go either way.

Anonymous said...

I would disagree that OU over Auburn is a "no doubter." Sorry, Jimmy G.