In honor of our very own Stat Boy, the following are Tennessee Legend General Robert Neyland's Seven Maxims of Football.
1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE. 3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.
4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.
6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.
Read a short bio on General Neyland here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Neyland